10 Life Lessons From The Shining Academy Biz Retreat
The weekend before last I attended Leonie Dawson’s Shining Academy Business Retreat here in Canberra.
It was 2 days of inspiration, positivity and soaking up the beautiful energies of over 100 women who attended.
As I was going over my notes from the weekend I realised that even though the focus was on business, everything also related to life. So with this in mind I thought I’d share my top Life Lessons from The Shining Academy Business Retreat.
10 LIFE LESSONS FROM THE SHINING ACADEMY BIZ REREAT
- Doing more is not always better. Do more of what works or feels good for you and less of what isn’t working in all areas of your life.
- Be curious and open to opportunity. New discoveries of any kind can add joy and meaning to your life.
- Commit to YOU. Commit to your growth. Commit to your health and wellbeing. Commit to your self care. Do something every day that moves you towards the life you desire.
- Listen. What are the people around you saying? What is your internal dialogue like? How are these words affecting you? Are they useful, positive and supportive?
- It’s ok to say NO. It’s ok to say YES. It’s ok to do what’s best for you.
- Focus on what matters to YOU. Let go of what doesn’t matter to you.
- Connection is key. Build a community of like-minded friends who ‘get you’ and who you genuinely care about. Have a go-to healer/therapist/coach/mentor that’s right for you in specific situations. Get support when you need it.
- Give generously and genuinely from your heart. Giving is one of the most beautiful ways you can bring more joy to your life.
- You are the average of the 5 people you spend most of your time with. Make sure they are special to you! Do you aspire to be like the people you spend time with? Do they inspire you? Uplift you? If so, yay! If not it may be time to gently let go of some people in your life or see a lot less of them.
- Have gratitude and show it whenever you can. What you focus on grows, so pay attention to all the good things in your life, big and small. Plus, saying thank you to someone can make a huge difference to their day.
There was so much more goodness shared and realised during the Retreat, both for maa organics and me!
I’d love to know your thoughts on my 10 Life Lesssons and as begin to integrate and implement what I learnt I’d also love to hear what you think I could incorporate into maa organics to better look after you.
Head to the comments below and let me know.
And don’t forget to join me on Facebook or Instagram!
In Health and Happiness, Dee xxx
Image from Leonie Dawson.