Aromatherapy is such a beautiful and supportive form of healing. You can use it in so many different ways to enhance your everyday life.
One very simple way to do this is through inhalation.
Through inhalation your sense of smell is stimulated and your emotions and mood can be affected. Inhalation can also be effective for the treatment of some respiratory conditions.
Today I wanted to share my favourite ways to use the inhalation method to enjoy the benefits of essential oils.
5 aromatherapy inhalation methods
1. Directly from the bottle. The easiest way to experience your essential oils is to inhale directly from the bottle. Simply open, and wave the bottle under your nose. As you gently inhale the aroma will waft from the bottle! I have created a range of maa organics essential oil blends – if you have any questions about what would work best for you don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com.
2. On a tissue. Place a drop onto a tissue and inhale as needed. Great to put in your handbag, have on your desk or under your pillow.
3. On the shower floor. This is a lovely way to benefit from your essential oils. Place a few drops of your favourite essential oil – invigorating for the morning, relaxing for the evening – on the shower floor, turn on the warm water and inhale the aroma that surrounds you.
4. Ultrasonic diffuser. Diffusers are wonderful to infuse your essential oils throughout the day. Follow the manufacturers directions for your diffuser to enjoy the benefits of your essential oils and have your home or office smelling great! There are so many diffusers available. I have a lovely range in my online shop – even a gorgeous one for travel when this pandemic passes!
5. Aromatherapy diffuser jewellery. This is a personal favourite of mine. There are different types of aromatherapy jewellery including pendants with bamboo pads or volcanic rock to add your essential oil to. I love it when I move and I smell the essential oil I’ve chosen for that day. I have a gorgeous range of diffuser jewellery coming soon to my online shop from Aroma Couture and a collaboration I did with Dressed For Sunday.
What’s your favourite aromatherapy inhalation method?
Let me know if the comments below.