I absolutely love making aromatherapy body oils for my clients and friends as well as for myself.
What could be better than a healing body oil infused with your favourite pure essential oils?
A perfect addition to your self-care routine.
You can make up an oil for the week or month or blend up something different each day. It’s simple and quick to do.
Here’s what you’ll need for a 10ml body blend*:
- 1 very small mixing bowl.
- 10mls carrier oil. Organic is best. I love Camellia, Rosehip or Sesame. You could also use jojoba, almond or coconut.
- 5 drops of your favourite 100% pure essential oils. You can use just one essential oil or a combination.
How to make your body blend:
- Measure 5 drops of essential oils into your mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour carrier oil into bowl.
- Mix gently.
How to use your body oil:
- Take a small amount of oil at a time and apply to each area of your body, beginning at your feet and working your way up. Massage into your skin in an upward motion, towards your heart. Take extra time on any extra dry or rough areas of skin.
- Inhale the beautiful aroma as you go. Take your time with this ritual and enjoy the process.
*for a 100ml blend multiply everything by 10. I often do this, especially for travelling.
I’m always coming up with different combinations I love. Remember to go with what you’re attracted to at the time. Your nose knows!
Here’s 3 of my current favourite body oil blends:
Cleansing and Energising
3 drops Grapefruit + 1 drop Cypress + 1 drop Basil.
Calming and Centring
2 drops Rose + 2 drops of Frankincense + 1 drop Sandalwood.
3 drops Bergamot + 1 drop Lavender + 1 drop Geranium.
or any of my 100% Pure Essential Oil Blends available here. I absolutely LOVE Goddess and Soul.
Do you have a favourite body blend? Head to the comments below and let me know, I’d love to hear from you.
And you can find other ways to use aromatherapy in your daily life here.
In health and happiness, Dee xxx