They carry us around on a daily basis and yet we so often neglect them.
Do your feet need a little pampering? And perhaps a bit of colour to brighten them up?
Well today I’ve got a complete step-by-step guide for a do-it-yourself pedicure…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A bowl big enough to soak your tootsies in.
- A few drops of essential oil, I suggest peppermint for cooling and refreshing or lavender for relaxing.
- An organic foot scrub and/or foot file. I use my Tranquillity organic sugar scrub.
- Some nail clippers, nail file, cuticle pusher and nail buffer. You may also like to use a cuticle removing product.
- An organic body lotion. I use my Tranquillity Body Lotion.
- Nail polish remover, cotton wool pads.
- Nail polish – base coat, colour, top coat, and a quick dry product is also a handy thing to use.
What to do:
- Fill your bowl with warm – hot water and add a few drops of your chosen essential oil.
- Pop those feet in, sit back, close your eyes and relax for 10 mins. This is a great time to do a mini-meditation!
- Next, give yourself a foot scrub, paying attention to heels and any areas of rough or hard skin. Rinse off in the water. Dry your feet thoroughly.
- If you need to you can now use your foot file in a circular motion to remove any rough patches on heels and other areas.
- Trim and file your nails. Make sure you file in one direction only. Filing in a back and forth motion will weaken your nails.
- Push your cuticles back, if you haven’t done this in a while you may need to use a cuticle treatment or remover. Now, lightly buff nails. Wipe feet thoroughly to make sure they are clean and dry.
- Apply some body lotion to your feet and take your time massaging it in – why not get someone to do this for you!!! There’s nothing like a foot massage to relax and soothe your soles and your soul!
Now for some colour…
- Thoroughly clean your nails with polish remover. Don’t skip this step! It’s super important to have a clean nail to apply your polish to.
- Apply one coat of base coat, then 1 – 2 coats of colour and finish with 1 coat of top coat.
- Allow to dry completely, It’s a great idea to use a quick dry product if you have one – it helps to dry the polish quickly and you’re less likely to smudge your nails.
YAY!! beautiful relaxed feet and lovely looking toes!
I LOVE Zoya products, they’re salon quality and free from toxic ingredients like toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (dibutyl phthalate) and camphor. They make an Anchor base coat, Armour Top Coat, Hurry Up drops to assist in quick drying through all layers of polish, a great remover and they have a huge range of colours. I make a beautiful scrub and body lotion that are great for pedicures. All the other bits and pieces should be available from your local chemist or beauty salon.
What do you most love about pedicures? And what’s your favourite nail colour this season? I’d love to hear your thoughts and any questions you have in the comments below.
In health and happiness, Dee xxx