The idea for this post came from a very good friend of mine.
In my last blog post I talked about the fact that we’re all busy. It’s true. It’s a fact of life that we all have a lot going on and when your doctor tells you that you need a break it’s probably time to actually take one. I’m not just talking about a day off here and there, although that’s great! I think it’s about regular time out and not loading too much upon ourselves. We all do it and we need to stop. Now!
You need a long term plan that allows you to thrive. A plan that is tailored to you so it works for you and your lifestyle.
But where do you start? How the hell do you do this when you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, carer, mother, daughter and the list goes on…
- You get intentional.
- You prioritise.
- You practise self love and self care to the max.
- You say ‘yes’ when it aligns and feels 100% right and you say ‘no’ when it doesn’t.
- You take your time making a decision – you don’t have to give anyone an answer right away. I have a gotten into the habit, when someone asks me to do something, of saying ‘can I get back to you, I just need to check a few things’.
- You schedule regular time out in your calendar and you stick to it.
- You practise tuning into how you feel and what you need and you find ways to give yourself those things.
As I said, it’s a long term plan. One that you continually check in with and tweak as you need to.
It takes planning and practice, but it’s worth it!
Why not start by taking one non essential off your To Do list this week or month and then do the same next week or month.
Remember, small shifts add up to big changes over time.
How will you start doing less? What will you take off your To Do list? Let me know in the comments below.
In health and happiness, Dee xxx